2. All graphics should be necessary - Every graphic should relate to the text on the page.
3. Use background colours that are easy on the eyes.
4. Contrast coloured text with the background so that it is readable.
5. Justify your text. A large amount of centered text is difficult to read.
6. Keep your paragraphs short - Most people don't have the patience to read large amounts of text.
7. Keep width of text to about 70% of the page width - Large text columns are difficult to read.
8. Give users a choice whether or not to view multimedia content like video or audio files.
9. Avoid making normal text blue - This usually denotes an active link.
10. Avoid underlining text - This also usually signifies a link.
11. Don't have too much animation - Animation should only be used when necessary, it quickly becomes tiresome.
12. Check spelling and grammar - a good web site is often spoiled by silly mistakes!
13. Think about the information you are putting on your site -- Keep it short and sweet with links to expanded information.
14. Always have contact information on your site -- eMail address and contact phone number should be clearly visible from anywhere in the site.
15. Use links to other sites - Try and negotiate link exchanges with other sites similar to yours.
16. Include a support e-mail address on the site - Users can report missing links or other problems.
17. Make sure your site is accessible to everyone regardless of the browser they are using - Users have different equipment - Bear this in mind when including graphics and rich media content.
18. Don't forget that your web site can be viewed by anyone, anywhere -- If you are trying to reach a global audience make sure your content can be understood internationally.
19. Try your site on different browsers -- Colours look different on a Mac than a PC.
20. Advertise your site - Getting your ad in front of as many users as possible will redirect traffic to your site. If you can advertise on a site that is relevant to your area every redirection you get will be a "hot lead". If your web site is in good order it should be easy to convert these visitors into sales!
Check out http://www.monmouth.org.uk/ad_index.php for excellent advertising opportunities.
web site design, web design uk, business web design, web design somerset, web site design hull, cheap web site design, web design firm, web design services, best web design, web site design sussex, business web page design, web design east anglia, web design training, web site design humberside, web site design lancashire, ecommerce web design, web site design reading, web design hertfordshire, web site design west midlands, web design template, affordable web design, graphic web site design, e commerce web site design, small business web design, web design graphic, cheap web design, web design leicester, web design tyne and wear, web design wymondham, web design surrey, web design adult site uk, web design wolverhampton, custom web design, affordable web site design, web site design northampton, bespoke web design, web design edinburgh, web design kettering, web design glasgow, small business web site design, flash web site design, web design bournemouth, web design nottingham, web design scotland, web design kent, web site design services, web design ireland, web site design berkshire, web site design development, web design derby, web design northampton, web design and development, web design agency, flash web design, web site design london, professional web site design, web design manchester, web design wales, web design course, web design software, devon web design, escort web site design, web site design uk, web design hosting, freelance web design, web design hampshire, web design west midlands, yorkshire web site design, web design norfolk, accessible web design, web design birmingham, web site design derby, web design sussex, custom web site design, web design dorset, web design help, web design telford, web design yorkshire, ecommerce web site design, web design leeds, professional web design, web design bristol, web design west sussex, web design london, web design newcastle, web design gateshead, design gateshead site web, web site design newcastle, web site design company, web design worthing, web design